Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Eastover, New England's Outstanding Year Round Resort 1950s/1960s ??

Over the years, I have gone to many estate sales.  As I'm sorting through boxes and bags hoping to find my next treasure, I often ran into family heirlooms, pictures, and other personal items.  I always encouraged the family to hang on to these items.....and sadly, they often just say they don't want them. 


That always makes me sad.  But being the history savage that I am, I rescued many of these personal belongings.  Who would want pictures of other people you ask?  Well, you can often see historic places and just ordinary everyday living for an era in these wonderful images.


At one such estate sale, I acquired some larger photos in folders. Apparently, the family loved going to the Eastover Resort in Lenox, Massachusetts.  There are pictures from different times of the year.  Looks like even a Halloween picture with the people in costume.


In its heyday, it looks like it was an awesome place to be to have a good time.


I hope you enjoy the pictures.....and if you went to the resort during the 50s or 60s, I'd love to see some GOOD memories shared on the post.
















1 comment:

  1. Please give credit for these photos to the photographer - Arthur Marasco. Thank you

    ReplyDelete