Friday, April 6, 2018

When Hollywood was glamorous, not scandalous

I love old movies.

There are a few modern movies that I like, but they just don't make 'em like they used to.

The stars usually had the ability to sing, dance, and act. They were required to maintain a certain appearance when in public and tried to avoid scandal.

Here are a few fun things I found while reading through my old magazines this morning. I hope you enjoy them.


I still want this camper!  If you've never seen this movie, it's a must watch!


Some enchanted evening was played at my intimate outdoor wedding. Anything Rodgers & Hammerstein is worth watching at least once. 

And I honestly have never seen this movie...

In 1960, this had to be a date movie.  Women screaming and holding tight to their boyfriend.

I always wanted to be Sandra Dee.
 Shocking and controversial when it was released....seems rather tame comparing to current standards.
 And I just have to wonder if Frank was shocked when this happened....


No comments:

Post a Comment