Thursday, April 5, 2018

1960 Teen Pinup Calendar with Stars of that Era

I guess you could call it a labor of love.

I hate finding great literature that was not cared for over the years. I guess I should be glad that it didn't end up in a recycling bin as most would have...so in that respect I'm lucky.  But the condition of many of these treasures is such that the magazine itself is in such condition that it can't be rescued.

I can, however, scan the material and share it that way. A sort of time capsule.

So, in the year 1960, a teen magazine offered up a calendar. For each month, they shared pictures of stars that had birthdays in each month.

This is just a fun snapshot of the year 1960!

If you enjoy this, please let me know and share with others.  The more I hear from people, the more I can offer what you want to see!

January: Debbie Reynolds. Gloves in hand, fur stole, and that beautiful smile.


February: Elvis  



March: Roger Smith



April: Annette and Paul



May:  Fabian


June: Kim Novak


July: Tab Hunter


August: Doris Day (she is still one of my favorite actresses)


September: John Saron (who is that?)


October: David and Rick (David and Rick who?)  I guess these were teen heart throbs back in the day.

Special thanks to a twitter pal for sharing that these two were on the Ozzie & Harriet Show!
Love my twitter friends!  Thanks Eddie!




November: Sandra Dee   This is my birthday month and I couldn't be more pleased to be sharing it with her.  I always wanted to be like her when I was a girl.

December: Edd Byrnes

No comments:

Post a Comment