Thursday, March 23, 2017

1950s Home & Fashion

So, what happened to colored Toilet Paper?  Did the ink stain someone's rear end?  What prompted the toilet tissue companies to stop manufacturing colors?


This ended up as a topic of conversation one day during a family road trip.  We talked about it for quite some time and decided it's time for someone to bring back the colorful TP.  We even came up with a slogan "Shiney Hiney" for our Colorful Toilet Paper come-back tour.


I found 2 ads from the 1950s that highlighted the pretty colors to brighten your bathroom space.




I know we have many selections today for hand soap, but my retro personality really LOVES these old choices.  I guess they were made of plastic & disposable because in all my years of collecting, I haven't run into one of these jems.  I'll have to keep a closer watch from now on. 




Now, I get to share the fun ladies fashion scene from the 1950s.  I hope you enjoy!!



 This dress is timeless! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the gloves. Very classy.








The caption for this suit was that is was made for "only the slimmest of figures".




The bubble skirts came back into popularity for a short time in the 1980s.  I think they tried to resurrect them in the past few years, with little success.  I never did like them personally.








No comments:

Post a Comment