Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Honoring those that served.....from years gone by

I have a huge archive of vintage publications from the 1800s through the 1970s.


One common theme through the 1950s was patriotism.  Today, I am highlighting and honoring some of these soldiers. 


Perhaps someone related to one of these soldiers will get to see pictures they didn't know existed.


Share & get the word out.  If this is a popular post, I'll add more in days to come.  I have many I can share.








Sgt. Reid Ivester, 1944 Publication















LT. THOMAS J. PICKETT
IN 1944 PUBLICATION











J.C. ("JIMMY") COMBS WITH WIFE & DAUGHTER (GLORIA JEAN)
IN 1944 PUBLICATION















PFC. HUGH B. LAYTON
SON OF MRS. JOSEPHINE LAYTON
IN 1944 PUBLICATION















WADE M. BLACKWELDER WITH WIFE & WADE JR.
IN 1944 PUBLICATION

















2ND LT. JOSEPH C. RODRIQUEZ
IN 1952 PUBLICATION













ADMIRAL 'BULL' HALSEY
IN 1954 PUBLICATION

No comments:

Post a Comment