Wednesday, November 15, 2017

1913 Children's Story ~ WHY THE RABBIT LAUGHED

Children's literature has always been one of my favorite things to collect.

I loved reading as a child and my mom would frequently catch me with a flashlight under the covers.  Despite staying up past my bedtime to read, I still maintained a straight A average in school.  I loved school and loved learning.  This was not always easy....I attended 13 different schools and was always the 'new kid'.  This presented its own set of challenges, but I always entered with a friendly spirit, ready to make friends, and very outgoing.  Often, moving that frequently makes children introverted.....but I have always been independent and an individualist.  Being a tomboy also made transitions easier as it was not easy to bully me and get away with it.  (smirk).  I am short of stature (height challenged), but I have learned to embrace it.

Back to the story......this is a cute story from a 1913 reader, complete with pictures, little fingerprints, and smudges.  Makes you wonder how many little hands have turned these pages.

I hope you enjoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment