Sunday, November 26, 2017

1957 Paper Dolls ~ Betsey McCall and her cousin Linda

I remember paper dolls.

One of my girls actually played with them for a bit.

Even when I was young in the late '60s, I had a shoe box full of paper dolls and their clothes.  I know computers and designing programs have taken over these treasures.....but I still believe the hands-on is more fun.  It helps with fine motor skills as they have to cut the tabs and clothes just right.  It was always fun to get the mix & match sets where you could put outfits together the way you liked them.

These were a favorite for a generation.  Betsey McCall.  I've seen small boxes of these at estate sales over the years and it always brings back good memories for me.

Feel free to share these with a young girl and see if you can spark the imagination in a new generation.  I really like the weiner dog. 







No comments:

Post a Comment