Sunday, February 9, 2020

1957 MARION ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

It is with great sadness that I find these types of things at estate sales. The fact that the family didn't care to keep & preserve these precious memories saddens my heart.

My greatest hope is that perhaps they didn't even know it existed...or maybe a child or grandchild was unable to look through personal items before a sale took place...and that I can get some of these items in the hands of family members that will treasure and preserve for future generations of the family.  If not, it would be nice to get the individual pictures to a classmate, teacher, family of one of the teachers....well, you get the idea.

I tried to do some quick internet search, but there are several MARION ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS in different areas.

If you are a great internet sleuth, or perhaps you went to this school or know someone who did...help me get the word out please!  I'm sure some of the kids in these pictures would love to reminisce.  Share it with them!!!

This is the front & back cover of this cute little bound booklet.  It measures about 4-3/4" x 6"

If you know someone in any of these pictures, please feel free to add in comments on the post. If time permits, I'll add to the proper picture.  I think it would be fun to identify as many of these kids as possible.  Please feel free to share the link on family genealogy sites...



1957 Tommy Cowan, 4th Grade

MARION ELEMENTARY SCHOOL


MISS WAGNER, FIRST GRADE (1st Grade)


MRS. HEMPHILL, FIRST GRADE (1st Grade)



MRS. MORRIS, SECOND GRADE (2nd Grade)
I think the little girl in front is a brownie scout with her little beanie!


MRS. WILLIS, SECOND GRADE  (2nd Grade)
Look at the little girl scouts in their uniforms!!!  ADORABLE !!!


MRS. WILKERSON, THIRD GRADE (3rd Grade)
Check out the little boy scout in the back!


MRS. FLOWERS, THIRD GRADE  (3rd Grade)


MRS. DARK, FOURTH GRADE (4th Grade)


MRS. GRAY, FOURTH GRADE (4th Grade)
In the whole book, I think this is my favorite picture.  See the little girl in front on the far right hand side...she looks like Miss Personality.  I would love to hear about her life...I bet she was a character.


MRS. GILES, FIFTH GRADE (5th Grade)

MRS. LUCAS, FIFTH GRADE (5th Grade)
Look at the fashion forward young ladies with their bobbie socks & scarves.


MRS. McCALL, SIXTH GRADE (6th Grade)
Love the saddle-oxford shoes!!!


MRS. RABURN, SIXTH GRADE (6th Grade)
I'm guessing she was sick on picture day?  Where is Mrs. Raburn?



No comments:

Post a Comment