Thursday, March 22, 2018

Mashup of Ads from the 1950s & 1960s.

Just Because.

As I was scanning selections from the 1950s & 1960s, these are some that I wanted to share for one reason or another.

Just an illustration of what was important, what companies spent advertising money on.

I love the mix of black & white and color to draw attention to the logo.


Did you know that View-Master made cameras???  I didn't.



Dan River Textiles.....close to where I live. So sad that so many of the textile jobs left our country. Hopefully, we can get some of them back!



Love the 1970s fashions & hair. Nothing to compare.

I have collected vintage costume jewelry for a long time....and this is still a favorite among collectors. Sarah Coventry.

What ever happened to colored Toilet Paper?   I loved it!  You just can't find anything but white now. And this one is wonderful for the upcoming Easter holiday.

I can live without the effort that went into hairstyles.



A Harley Scooter.  Kind of opposite of the way they are envisioned today.

 And I included this one just because I liked the color and "Carolina". 
Soda has always been advertised heavily.


And in a day when men and women go to the local store in pajama pants, it is refreshing to see an age when people actually cared what they looked like when they walked out their front door.


No comments:

Post a Comment